Since 1634, the inhabitants of this small Bavarian community have put on a stunning portrayal of the life and death of Jesus in the world’s longest running play. Originally produced by the villagers in gratitude for being spared from the bubonic plague that was terrorizing the region, the show has been performed 42 times and is considered the most important Passion Play in the world.
Upon being picked up from the airport, you’ll be greeted with a welcome drink at your 4-star hotel in Munich, where you’ll spend one night before being transferred to Oberammergau. Nestled at the edge of the Bavarian Alps, Oberammergau is a quaint village that owes its celebrated reputation to the production of these once-a-decade performances. It is a village rich in history, theatre and pageantry and has drawn people to its small corner of the world for the past 380 years. With 1 day admission to the Passion Play included with your cruise, you will have the unique opportunity to witness this amazing production performed live – a truly unforgettable experience.
It's All Included!
– Transfer from airport to 4-star Munich hotel
– 2 Nights: 1 night in Munich, 1 night in Oberammergau
– Welcome drink when arriving to your hotel
– Short orientation tour in Munich
– Breakfast and dinner daily at the hotel in Oberammergau
– Transfer from Munich hotel to Oberammergau
– 1 day admission to the Passion Play
– Transfer to the pier in Nuremberg to embark your cruise
Contact Bryan for full details.
Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone, not those of any advertiser or affiliated company. Any product claims, statistics, quotes or other representations should be verified with the manufacturer or service provider.
All content © 1992 – 2022 Hand Crafted Travel LLC