One of the first tours that I led in Europe, circa 1995. Castles and Grapes connected the great wine regions of Germany and France, while mixing in non-alcoholic sights and history along the way.
Experience the best of Italy this fall with a small group tour (maximum of 24 people).
– Encounter spectacular scenery around every bend on a drive along the celebrated Amalfi Coast – the perfect blending of earth, sea and sky.
– Stay at chic, smaller hotels in fabulous locations.
– After-hours guided tour of remarkable St. Mark's Basilica in Venice.
– After-hours guided visit to the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel, without the crowds – see the Vatican treasures at your own pace.
– Wine tasting from local vineyards in Umbria
– An in-depth briefing by an art historian before a walking tour of Florence and a guided visit through the famed Galleria dell'Accademia, the oldest art school in Europe.
– A cruise along the Mediterranean shores of Cinque Terre for an in-depth look at these remote, centuries-old coastal villages.
– Attend a private wine tasting reception in Florence hosted by a member of the Ferragamo family, and visit the Salvatore Ferragamo Museum.
– Airport transfers upon arrival and departure
– 25 meals; service charges, gratuities to local guides, admission fees, taxes and porterage.
Many dates available in September and October.
Book with peace of mind – no changes fees up until the day of departure if you want to postpone your tour to a later date, or switch to another destination.
Contact me for details.
Don't miss this opportunity to experience the Passion Play in Oberammergau, Germany! Staged at ten year intervals for nearly 400 years, the world's most famous Passion Play is a remarkable event, and a treat for the eyes, the ears, and the spirit. Originally scheduled for 2020, the Passion Play had to be postponed until 2022, due to the pandemic.
Join Hand Crafted Travel on this small group tour, with a maximum of six guests, exploring the cities and villages of Germany.
– Explore the rich and dramatic history of Berlin
– Watch porcelain being made in Meißen
– Spend a night in one of Germany's most historic castles
– Exclusive tickets to the Oberammergau Passion Play
– 'Mad' King Ludwig's palaces at Neuschwanstein and Linderhof
– Tour Includes: • 16 nights in boutique accommodations • Experienced Driver & Tour Leader • Breakfast daily, and 10 evening meals • All ground transportation
Contact Bryan for more details.
This year, immerse yourself in the enchanting atmosphere of the Christmas markets, which have brought magic to the banks of the Danube River for centuries. Spend seven nights cruising the majestic Danube as you sail from Nuremberg to Budapest.
A very limited number of staterooms are available on this all-inclusive cruise, with departures in late November and early December.
I'll be leading two tours to Germany in 2020 that include the Oberammergau Passion Play. My first visit to the Passion Play in 2000 was an amazing experience, and – wow! – 2010 was even better. I am really looking forward to the next staging of this incredible production, which occupies the entire village. The opportunity to attend this amazing event only comes around every ten years, so don't miss this chance!
Starting in Berlin in late July, the German Vistas tour hits some of the best cities and villages of Germany. After touring the highlights of Berlin, one of the world's greatest cities, we'll head to Wittenberg, the town where Martin Luther launched the Protestant Reformation. We'll also spend a night at Wartburg Castle, where Luther hid for a year while translating the New Testament into German. Other highlights of this tour include a visit to the world famous porcelain factory in Meißen, exploring the cities of Dresden and Leipzig, and a couple of days in the medieval town of Rothenburg. We'll also tour the Porsche factory in Stuttgart, and amble through the Black Forest – one of my favorite parts of Germany – before getting to the main event: the Passion Play in Oberammergau. The tour ends with a couple of nights in Munich, which the some call 'the northern-most city in Italy" because of the relaxed and friendly nature of the locals.
In early August the Romantic Central Europe will visit the most important areas in southern Germany, Austria, and the Czech Republic. This tour will begin in Munich, before heading to the medieval town of Rothenburg, and then to Oberammergau for the Passion Play. We'll then make our way through the Alps, including stops in Innsbruck and Salzburg, before spending a few days in a picturesque wine village on the banks of the Danube River. From there it's on to Vienna, recently voted the 'most livable' city in Europe. Enjoy a concert in the city of music, once home to composers such as Mozart, Beethoven, Haydn, and a whole family of Strauss-es. We end our tour in Prague, with visits to Castle Hill, and the beautifully preserved Old Town.
Why experience the Passion Play as part of a huge tour group? Each of these Hand Crafted small group tours will have no more than six people, ensuring a much more authentic and relaxed experience.
Contact Bryan for reserve a spot on one of these tours.
Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone, not those of any advertiser or affiliated company. Any product claims, statistics, quotes or other representations should be verified with the manufacturer or service provider.
All content © 1992 – 2022 Hand Crafted Travel LLC